Prev: Re: Vtols on variable height bases. Next: Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE

Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE

From: Dominic Mooney <dom@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:21:12 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE

On Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003, at 09:32 Europe/London, david smith wrote:

> Ahh, the fun of good clean nuclear slaughter. Sounds like fun.
> Actually, sounds like my FT games with the other half (well, it does
> when a DD strays in front of a BB at a range of less than 1MU, ouch).

Well, in PP you can be nasty as the missiles move in two phases over
two turns so you can be *really* evil and land two turns of missile
salvos in a single round on the same target!!!

As most escorts have 2 to 10 structure boxes, and a nuke battery does
damage (against a typical ship on a 4,5,6 (6= 2 points and re-roll), 8
hits is pretty nasty. Unless you've point defense (which is less
effective than FT), sand and nuclear dampers deployed.

Nukes are dead good until you meet a target with good dampers. Or meson
guns ;-)

Cheers,

Dom

------------Dom Mooney-------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
"Once we actually mapped it for publication it seemed to shrink in
size and was no longer the immensity that would take months to
traverse. As things become known, they lose grandeur."
After Steve Perrin, Pavis & Big Rubble Reprint Epilogue
http://www.cybergoths.u-net.com   http://www.bits.org.uk/

Prev: Re: Vtols on variable height bases. Next: Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE