Prev: Re: FT: Ship Names Next: Re: FT: Ship Names

Re: Ship Names

From: "Germ" <germ@g...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:44:27 +0100
Subject: Re: Ship Names

> I am so full of subjects today.....
> When I finish painting I name my ships and stick a little printed
strip of
> paper on the base, there is  no official naming ceremony but I like to
think
> that I can identify the craft and will remember its victories and
defeats
by
> name. I also then use Illustrator to print a copy of the FT ship build
> details and print / laminate the result.

So glad there is someone else who puts names to their ships.
I rather boringly stuck to names of battles i.e. Waterloo, Hastings,
Agincourt.

I found the names helped to identify what the ships did and how they
were
faring
in battle. Quite often I'd be looking at what damaged boxes to tick off
saying things like
"not the Kursk again!"
Naming ships is a quick way to discover which ones have a death wish :)

Jeremey
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: FT: Ship Names Next: Re: FT: Ship Names