Prev: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures Next: Scale Question: GZG Vs. Denizen

Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

From: El Conejo Malo <punkrabbitt@y...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 09:55:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures

With only one exception, I base every model in my collection on GW
plastic slottabases. Mostly I
use the 25mm round ones, but if models are larger, I use the 40mm round
or even the 60mm round and
flat ones. I prefer a very consistent look to my collection, and that
provides it nicely. My
exception is my "Gladiator Wars" figures which require hex-bases for the
game and are therby
mounted on such.

--- Nick Wesson <nick.wesson@ca.inter.net> wrote:
>     Greetings All,
>     I recently bought the GZG April Fools Stargrunt deal, so I'm
sitting
> on 48 25mm figures.  I know in the rules they recommend 1 inch wide
> bases, and there are occasions where that inch can be important, but
I'm
> not particularly eager to stick such small figures on such a large
base
> - it seems out of proportion to me.  I notice on some webpages and
even
> in the rule book figures are occasionally used with just the molded on

> base, and I'm thinking of going that route.  Has anyone had any
serious
> problems with that strategy?	My major concern is with the figures
> standing up actually.  All my terrain is in another city, so I can't
> take them for a "test stand" on my hills and so forth.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Nick Wesson

=====
http://www.punkrabbitt.com
Playtesting
Freelance Fiction
Independent Product Review

http://search.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Basing GZG 25mm Figures Next: Scale Question: GZG Vs. Denizen