Prev: [OT] Back from SALUTE Next: Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE

Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 14:33:14 PDT
Subject: Re: [DS] Irregular NSF Figures

As requested:

Now this stuff is significantly larger than almost all the Brigade stuff
I own and bigger than  much of the GZG stuff I own.  Tony from Brigade
and I exchanged views on DS 2 sizes and their AFV's.  What I call a size
2 Tony probably would call a size 1.

I have NSF 22 and 23.

The eight wheel Irregular APC is approximately 35 mm from stem to stern,
18 mm wide at the front/rear - it's very rectangular 'box' - and it is
(not counting turret) 12 mm high (add about 3 mm for the 'squashed oval'
turret.)

It has eight evenly spaced wheels, a raised platform about 1 mm high at
the arbitrarily determined 'front where the turret sits.  Although now
it
looks like the stern because the other end has a more 'finished' look.
The center of the turret sits approximately one third of the way from
"front'  of the vehicle with several raised rectangle and a raised
triangular ("Viewing port"?) at the 'stern' of the AFV.  There are four
tail lights (?) at the 'stern' of the AFV.  Very slab sided, with the
side slabs covering down to the 'hubs' of the wheels.

The turret is a trip.  I ordered five of them, they came with two small
guns in the front of the turret (APSW/RFAC-1 and RFAC-2??) and there are
six detailed points on the top of the hood - 1 cylindrical small
projection at the center front of the turret, a square 'hatch' engraving
behind and to the left with a micro turret (APSW?) to the 'hatch' and a
bowed line of three small cylinder projections near the rear of the
turret.  Beside each side of the turret is a cylinder with a
nipple/nozzle at the front and at the rear of the turret is a slanted
upright and forward thin 'briefcase' shaped box with five 'nipples' in
the front surface.  I defined the side cylinders as either LAD or
PDS/BAS
and the odd box at the rear as either "smoke grenade projectors' or a
RAM
Mortar set up.	Three of the vehicles arrived with the larger turret
'gun' broken off in transit.

The six wheeled (asymmetrical mounting of the wheels) APC is similarly a
box but slightly less so.  There are two wheels closer together at one
end (I will call it the stern) and another set near the "front' of the
vehicle.  Call it 25 mm long, 17-18 mm wide, and (minus the left
sided/raised mini-turret) about 11 mm tall.  there is a raised cylinder
about three mm tall where the mini turret is glued.  Maybe a APSW or A
HEL-1.	details on top of the APC are - a large circular hatch near the
very edge of the 'front' of the vehicle, an 'exhaust' that lies along
the
right edge and over hangs the rear of the vehicle, drooping down
slightly, two small boxy hatches engraved at the 'rear' of the vehicle,
three small cylinders and a rectangle looking hatch at the middle of the
top surface.  The turret castle sits right above the 'middle set' of the
three wheels.

I use them for a CFE tech level force of Asian 'dumpees' (ESU/IC/Japan
cooperated in this effort to rid themselves of a radical Christian
Communist sect) on one of the planets in my setting.  They look decidely
low tech.

Hope this helps.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:59:11 PDT Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>
writes:
>I have the 8 wheeled and 6 wheeled human miniatures, but no pictures?
>Would a description help?
>
>Gracias,
>Glenn

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: [OT] Back from SALUTE Next: Re: [OT] Back from SALUTE