Prev: Re: Suggested meeting times for SALUTE Next: Resistance is Futile!

Re: Rutan spaceplane

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:40:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Rutan spaceplane

White Knight looks very much like Burt Rutan's Proetus.  Proetus has
been
documented in Jane's All the Worlds Aircraft.  For those who don't want
look it up, Proetus was designed to be a very high altitude sail plain
(think U2 flight profile) to carry transceiver equipment for
telecommunications, dish TV's, etc.  It would require much lower initial
investment then a satellite.  Of course all of this could be nothing but
misinformation done intentionally to hide its real purpose from others
in
the areo-space industry; as the first stage of a two stage orbiter.
Knowing
the bureaucracy in anything at all to do with the space program, I can't
blame him at all.

ias