Prev: 6 mm scale Mechas for DS 2 - picking brains (yours) Next: counters for DS2......

Re: 6 mm scale Mechas for DS 2 - picking brains (yours)

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@w...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:35:10 -0400
Subject: Re: 6 mm scale Mechas for DS 2 - picking brains (yours)

Glenn M Wilson wrote:
> 1)  For size 5 and/or 6 - what mechs might be chosen from the BT lines
> that would compliment the Commando/Piranha look?

(This is assuming they haven't changed the Commando or Piranha since I
last saw
one, as oddly, the IronWind metals site doesn't have pics of those two.)

The new Battlemaster
http://member.ehostingbiz.com/ironwind/sc/viewproductdetail.asp?ProductI
D=667

Nexus
http://member.ehostingbiz.com/ironwind/sc/viewproductdetail.asp?ProductI
D=253

Buccaneer
http://member.ehostingbiz.com/ironwind/sc/viewproductdetail.asp?ProductI
D=262

Hellhound
http://member.ehostingbiz.com/ironwind/sc/viewproductdetail.asp?ProductI
D=190

Gallowglas
http://member.ehostingbiz.com/ironwind/sc/viewproductdetail.asp?ProductI
D=219

Peregrine
http://member.ehostingbiz.com/ironwin

> Any sources for Mechs for 6 mm use besides the one mentioned above?

The current Heavy Gear line
(http://www.dp9.com/Products/decalminisHG.htm) is
good.  It's not 6mm, but the Gears are small, so they can work well for
larger
mechs in 6mm.

The Steel Warriors sprues from eM-4 minatures
(http://www.em4miniatures.com/sci-fi.html) are nice, plus the limbs are
mix'n'match.  You can do a very passable "not-quite-a-Rifleman" for
example.

The CAV line from Reaper is also nice.	Big, but nice.
http://www.reapermini.com/scifi/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=cav

The old Starsiege minis from AoG can still sometimes be found on eBay or
in stores.

The various GZG powered armor troops in 15mm might work, in particular
the
Japanese powered armor.

> How about 15 mm and/or 25 mm robots (I will have to take a look at
> Reviresco and consider them) for use as Mechas for 6 mm games?

The GZG Japanese powered armor in 25mm would also fill the bill.

These two look nice (Saw them first at eM-4 but these are better pics):
http://www.newwave.org/minis/grenadier/troopers/grs0088.html
http://www.newwave.org/minis/grenadier/troopers/grs0089.html

--
Ray Forsythe - erf2@wombatzone.com - www.wombatzone.com

Prev: 6 mm scale Mechas for DS 2 - picking brains (yours) Next: counters for DS2......