Prev: Re: Re:Current Events Next: Re: [DS] New Gallery Found

RE: Current Events (Hospital ships)

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:16:40 +1000
Subject: RE: Current Events (Hospital ships)

G'day,

> All bets would be off on a Xeno war. I have no idea whether
> the KV, SV, or even Phalon would respect a Human hospital ship or pull
> Hospital-Q-ship tactic without scruples.

Scruples aside there is nothing to say that an alien species would have
the
same value system regarding that stuff as we do. Beyond the fact they'd
have
to realise what it is (wonder what a red cross or red crescent means to
the
KV....) for them to "respect" such a vehicle it would have to have the
same
meaning to their culture. Maybe they pile all their dead up in a ship
and
send it at the enemy as a biological weapon and so by tradition all such
ships are now fired on out of hand.... bit like the clip out of the B5
movie
where the humans freak because the Minbari open their gun ports, not
realising that was not a threat in Minbari terms.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: Re:Current Events Next: Re: [DS] New Gallery Found