Prev: Re:Current Events Next: Re: Re:Current Events

Re: Current Events

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:40:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Current Events

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:01:31 +1000, "Alan and Carmel Brain"
> <aebrain@webone.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Go watch any TV channel. Now.
> >It's like the day the Woodpeckers hit Die Mauer.
>
> What I'd like to see right now is Baghdad Bob, the Information
Minister,
> telling everyone that the Coalition is being defeated and they are
nowhere
> near the city!

http://www.wackyiraqi.com/home/

Right hand column, right now. "Al-Sahhaf went on to explain that the
invading armies had not yet reached Saddam International Airport, and
also
that they had been soundly defeated when they reached Saddam
International
Airport." ...just an excerpt...

Several other choice pieces of topical satire there, too.

Who else sort of hopes the Info Minister survives, so he can get his own
TV show?

Brian.

Prev: Re:Current Events Next: Re: Re:Current Events