Prev: Re: [OT] Thank-you note for the troops Next: troops troops, look at the troops! Re: [OT] Thank-you note for the troops

Re: [OT] Thank-you note for the troops

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:25:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Thank-you note for the troops

At 2:07 PM -0800 4/4/03, Brian Burger wrote:

>I think - from comments John made before leaving, and the current news
-
>that he's probably on a ship somewhere around the Straits of Hormuz,
>having spent a few weeks sailing in circles off Turkey. He's probably
>worried he's going to miss the interesting parts of the show... I know
he
>said he'd volunteered as a shipboard vehicle-babysitter, and I think
his
>Corp is the one that was supposed to deploy to Turkey before the Turks
>decided not to follow all of Washington's script.

The 4th ID started unloading their ships at the beginning of the
week. Which means he's either waiting off shore for a clear berth or
he's running up a road with his AVLB on a transporter.

>Look, my comment about keeping pro/anti-war msgs off-list was based on
the
>wording of the original forward - it had a pro-war slant, IMO.
"Defending
>our freedom" and similar propaganda not applicable to the current
>situation.

FEH!

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -