Prev: Militant Orders Next: Re: Possible New Minor Power

Re: Militant Orders

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:01:27 +0100
Subject: Re: Militant Orders

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:50:17AM -0500, Thomas Barclay wrote:
>Thinking about this topic made me wonder
>about (loosely) equivalent ESU structures -
>perhaps the Thugees or the Shaolin? Bald
>headed warrior monks who are as deadly with
>the assault rifle and grenade launcher as their
>ancestors were with the chinese sword and
>spear?

So, pretty much any film with Yun-Fat Chow in it, really? :-) (And you
wondered why I was such a fan of the Yevrazichniy Solnechniy Soyuz...)

 And
>Japan having a resurgence of the Iga or Koga
>clans as assassins? Or the Samurai (some
>strong suggestion of a cultural resurgence here
>in Japanese SG2 figs)?

I suspect the mainstream parts of the IJSF consider themselves "modern
samurai" just as Japanese aircraft pilots have done since they first got
them. The scoutship crews are another matter...

Roger

Prev: Militant Orders Next: Re: Possible New Minor Power