Prev: RE: Linking scenarios and Portsmouth Next: RE: [FH] Possible New Minor Power

Re: [FH] Possible New Minor Power

From: devans@n...
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 07:35:09 -0600
Subject: Re: [FH] Possible New Minor Power

>It definitely would be a waste of brainpower to employ Jesuits as light
>infantry. They all are supposed to have two full-fledged university
>degrees, one in Theology and one in another subject. I could see them
>doing staff work or weapons research, but not as Grunts. Similar limits
>would apply to most other orders, based on their charters and
>philosophy.

There have been and, I assume, still are fighting units with almost as
rigorous scholastic credentials, though they tend to be very
specialized.
Not to mention, some of the Jesuits I've known have been as tough,
mentally
and physically, as what few marines I've met. ;->=

Personally, I rather liked the idea of a New Vatican City being rather
spare and focused.

BTW, Karl, your note came through twice, with the only difference
seeming
to be a query about 'fighting SF monks' at the end of one.

Of course, there are several, from Warzone thru Games Workshop, but
these
run a bit large, and more than a bit silly. I think there were some in
the
Grenadier Nightmares line that might work, but I don't see the ones I'm
thinking of on Nemo's page.

Lastly, not all monks wear long cassocks; there are civvies, with the
right
ornamentation, that seem rather promising.

The_Beast

PS As an aside to Beth, even an American rustic, such as myself, has
heard
the term 'corker'...

Prev: RE: Linking scenarios and Portsmouth Next: RE: [FH] Possible New Minor Power