Prev: Re: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics Next: Re: Possible New Minor Power

Re: Possible New Minor Power

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:09:26 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Possible New Minor Power

Don M schrieb:
> Also, this give you fascinating options for the Church
> Militant; I've always wanted to see the First Benedictine Armored Cav
as well > as the Jesuit Light Infantry, heya?

> Well Chris "Laserlight" DeBoe has the Knights Templar
> done up at:
>  http://quixnet.net/~deboe/sg/to/index.htm

If you want to look at it from a "realistic" point of view...

 [ Yeah, I know ;-)  ]

It definitely would be a waste of brainpower to employ Jesuits as light
infantry. They all are supposed to have two full-fledged university
degrees, one in Theology and one in another subject. I could see them
doing staff work or weapons research, but not as Grunts. Similar limits
would apply to most other orders, based on their charters and
philosophy.

Which shouldn't stop you from reviving the military orders.

After all, the Knights of Malta still exist:
http://www.orderofmalta.org/index.asp?idlingua=5
They are active in Afghanistan and in the Iraq conflict. No kidding (in
spite of todays date) !

and the Teutonic order exists, too:
http://www.deutscher-orden.de/

And here's the web page of the Swiss guard:
http://www.schweizergarde.org/

And with celibacy and other deterrents to being a monk, only a small
part of the military (most likely the leadership) will be actual
members of the orders. The others will be hired professionals,
mercenaries or militias.

BTW, GZG do fine fighting nuns in habit and power armour. I too, have
some of them:
C:\KHR\Web\gallery\sf_nuns.html

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics Next: Re: Possible New Minor Power