Prev: Re: [semi-ot, SG] cutting edge technology and 25mm pigeons Next: Re: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics

Re: [OT] Question from the news

From: glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:04:37 PST
Subject: Re: [OT] Question from the news

Today while doing "research" I came across a BBC article on how the
Russians hope to be come a major supplier of military hardware in the
near future (This time for cash! Well, duh!) but the problems they are
having with their ageing work force and developmental budget woes.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:38:45 -0800 (PST) Foxx Travis
<lordkalvin2002@yahoo.com> writes:
><<snipped>>> The Iranians are creating themselves,
>slowly but
>> surely, a rather capable
>> arms industry - unlike most of the other Gulf
>> states, the Iranians seem to
>> be determined to have native industry independent of
>> the West or Russia...
>>
>Don't forget China!

>Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
>http://platinum.yahoo.com

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com