Prev: Re: [OT] Question from the news Next: Re: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics

[SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:39:50 -0600
Subject: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics

I set up the VCR to tape something I saw yesterday on CNN. They had a
computer
graphic video of their interpretation of urban combat. It showed tanks
hidden
in trees, soldiers in buildings, etc.

The reason I taped it is that it gave me some great ideas for SG2
buildings!
The majority of the buildings they showed in the graphics were nothing
more
than blocks, but there was one neat looking "apartment building"
complete with
balconies, and another that was simply a three-storey box with a smaller
two-storey box on top. It showed how simple but effective buildings
could be
created for urban scenarios.

Question for those of you who have built wargame buildings: what do you
use
for building material? I was thinking thick card or foam board. Foam
board has
a bad tendency to warp, and so I'm not sure it would be the best stuff.
Thick
card stock has this tendency to, but you can reinforce it more easily as
the
warping isn't usually that extensive. Just wondering what y'all use to
build
your buildings.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: Re: [OT] Question from the news Next: Re: [SG2] Not OT at all! CNN "Urban Combat" Graphics