Prev: Re: [DS2] Multi-barrel cheese question Next: Re: [OT] Question from the news

Re: [OT] Question from the news

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:54:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Question from the news

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Don Greenfield wrote:

> >Civilian deaths "from US action"?  I gather that the total "from
> >Saddam's action" would be higher--by several orders of magnitude.
>
> It looks like we're about to teeter over into the political side of
> discussion about the war.  Can we all take a minute to take a deep
breath?

> Also, Brian, can you cut with the snide comments about "Shrub's War"?
This
> war is a hell of a lot more complex than some of the idiot anti-war
folks
> want to admit; reducing it to this sort of bumper-sticker philosophy
> doesn't help, particularly if it could be perceived as slipping in
> editorial comments in otherwise on-topic posts.

Fair 'nuff; no more calling it "Shrub's Crusade" in my list posts...

> PS It ought to be said that I'm not claiming that the entire anti-war
> movement is composed of idiots, but it's undeniable that every
movement has
> its lunatic and idiotic fringes.

Like the SanFran "vomit-in" folks last week? I know I've been posting
odd
links, but that's just excessively strange. (and gross...)

This one is funny, though, in light of the "is Saddam dead or alive"
debate:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,923848,00.html

Thought of the Day: If we can't tell whether Saddam is dead or alive,
does
that make him Schrodinger's Dictator?

News link worth following: links to news sites across the Muslim world -
get a different set of biases from the Western media's!
http://media.fares.net/

Have a good war,

Brian.

Prev: Re: [DS2] Multi-barrel cheese question Next: Re: [OT] Question from the news