Prev: Re: [OT] Question from the news Next: [OT] Legion of the Dammed W.Dietz

Re: [OT] Question from the news

From: Don Greenfield <gryphon223@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:39:54 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Question from the news

At 11:00 AM 3/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > >This site keeps a running count of civilian deaths:
> > >http://www.iraqbodycount.net/
> > >Total numbers somewhere between 200 and 300 at the moment :-(
>
>Civilian deaths "from US action"?  I gather that the total "from
>Saddam's action" would be higher--by several orders of magnitude.

It looks like we're about to teeter over into the political side of
discussion about the war.  Can we all take a minute to take a deep
breath?

Also, Brian, can you cut with the snide comments about "Shrub's War"?
This
war is a hell of a lot more complex than some of the idiot anti-war
folks
want to admit; reducing it to this sort of bumper-sticker philosophy
doesn't help, particularly if it could be perceived as slipping in
editorial comments in otherwise on-topic posts.

Don Greenfield

PS It ought to be said that I'm not claiming that the entire anti-war
movement is composed of idiots, but it's undeniable that every movement
has
its lunatic and idiotic fringes.

Prev: Re: [OT] Question from the news Next: [OT] Legion of the Dammed W.Dietz