Prev: Re: [OT] Anyone out there? Next: Re: [OT] Anyone out there?

Re: Hacker/Excel Spread Sheet

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 04:30:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Hacker/Excel Spread Sheet

Dean Gundberg wrote:

>That one is mine.  Thanks :-)

Really cool!  Now I have a use for Excel... :-D

># of Extra Facings, all "X-Arcs" columns as for the number of arcs, not
the
>mass, it will do that for you (if you have a Class 2 beam and want only
2
>extra arcs, it will still add 1 mass just like 3 extra arcs.)	If you
have
>multiple Class 2's with extra arcs, total the number of extra arcs and
enter
>it there.

Thanks.  Just enter the total number extra facings (sorry arcs) for each

weapon type

>It will give results that match the Fleet Book.  If you have any other
>questions or problems, please drop me a note and indicate what you have
>happening, and a copy of the file with the info you have entered or a
screen
>shot would help.

I will have to check those entries again.

>>Now all this thing needs is a way to print out, or save, either a ship
>>display, or a ship paragraph.
>>

>Those are do-able to some extent with excel, but I haven't had the
drive to
>learn exactly how and then do it.

No hurry.  I have a really large capasity monitor.  I can have two
windows open at the same time... :-)

>Dean Gundberg
>
>Starship Combat News
>The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
>http://www.star-ranger.com
>dean@star-ranger.com

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [OT] Anyone out there? Next: Re: [OT] Anyone out there?