Prev: FH, plausable? Next: [OT] request for information

Re: Alien Thinking

From: "staremu" <star_emu@h...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:30:43 -0600
Subject: Re: Alien Thinking

Seems like a season for Aliens.  I went throug hsome of this with my
Tonk.
I think one problem with tryign to figure out alien psychology is it is
still framed within the understanding of terrestrial beasts.  I think
you
covered them ajors - great note with the Kafer there.  I like that.

One option is to also mandate tactics with rules which overlap into
psychology.  I was thinking of a particularly guilful species which
responds
to threats by baiting it.  Much like a mother bird defending her young.
Not
sure how you'd model this but you basicly end up with a race that never
fights head on

Eli