Prev: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

From: Dances With Rocks <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:58:19 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Frits Kuijlman wrote:

> Some time ago I picked up a Tegethoff dreadnought (geohex blister),
> and I am finally thinking about putting it together.
> I am a bit worried about the thing staying together though.

A Tegethoff, staying together? Try pelting it with a few
dozen C3s. She'll hold together ("hear me, baby? hold together")

> The rear engine part should not be a problem as the two parts enclose
> a large part of the central hull. At the front things seem to be a bit
> more vulnerable. There is a only a tiny piece of metal sticking out of
> the central hull which is to be inserted in a tiny hole in the frontal
> hull box. I'll need to file things a bit to get as much surface area
> between the front hull and the central hull for gluing, but I suspect
> this won't be enough to hold things together. Pins are probably in
> order here.
>
> So, any suggestions to make this model bombproof are welcome.

When I put mine together, I opted to leave off the lone "wing" of
metal. It looked goofy to me, and I couldn't come up with any good
PSB for it to be there. So never placed it (saved it for kitbashing
other ships ;-). Mine looks fine and no one's ever mentioned anything
about the metal "wing" thing missing (now everyone'll be looking
for it, you watch!).

Mk

Prev: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?