Prev: Clipping Da' Responce! Waaaaaaa! Next: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda

RE: [FT] Nobel Armarda

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:56:48 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Nobel Armarda

> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has seen the Nobel Armarda ships in
> person. Either some you have or some you've just seen. I'm just
> looking for
> opinions on them at the moment, I think they look alright from
> the few pics
> up on the holistic site.

I've got a few boxes of the Decados/Hawkwood ships.  They were sculpted
and
cast by Agents of Gaming so if you are familiar with their B5 minis, you
have an idea of how these were done.

Yes, they are loose in the box and some were bent a little during
transit
but nothing I couldn't fix.  Some had quite a bit of flash but it was
easy
to remove.  Only the Decados and Hawkwood fleets are complete with
capital
ships, the other fleets they offer only include escort sized ships.

The Hawkwood designs are OK but it was the Decados minis that drew me to
these fleets.  I have finished a Decados fleet and put up a page of
pictures
and designs here:
http://www.star-ranger.com/Stuff/Decados.htm

I don't have a link to it from my website yet so you can only get there
directly.  Oerjan has given it a once over but per some of his comments,
I've modified the designs a bit.  Their designs use normal human tech
except
for non-tunable Pulsers for weapons and per their Noble Armada origins,
they
reserve space for boarding marines to capture ships.

They painted up real well, though much of the 'painting' on them isn't
paint.	I used a micron pen to do all the black geometric shapes and
outlines.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Clipping Da' Responce! Waaaaaaa! Next: Re: [FT] Nobel Armarda