Prev: Re: The Miniatures page - Brigade News Next: Re: Fwd: [TML] British Army Contacts Sought

Re: Fwd: [TML] British Army Contacts Sought

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:56:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Fwd: [TML] British Army Contacts Sought

I've forwarded this over to the Ferret list. We have several ex-MOD
chaps there that might know who to send this to in today's MOD.

At 12:42 PM -0500 3/13/03, Kevin Clement wrote:
>Originally from the TML (Traveller Mailing List), apologies for
>cross-posting but this sounds like a good thing. If anything has any
>info please send it LKW (contact info below).
>
>>Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:45:38 -0600
>>To: tml@travellercentral.com
>>From: Loren Wiseman
>>Subject: [TML] British Army Contacts Sought
>>
>>Please reply off-list to lkw@io.com
>>
>>I need someone with connections to the British Army.
>>
>>SJ Games would like to donate some product to soldiers stationed in SW
>>Asian theater, but we'd like things to go through the proper channels.
I've
>>contacted the morale, welfare, and recreation office for the US Army's
>>central command, but I need a contact for the corresponding agency in
the
>>British Army so we can find out there requirements (in the US army,
>>unsolicited parcels addressed to "Any Servicemember" are discouraged.
>>
>>Regardless of one's opinions on the possibility of war, I think no one
here
>>would disagree that the men and women in uniform need all the help
they can
>>get to combat the incredible boredom that is much of military life.
The US
>>Army is overjoyed to get things for people to do that do not involve
>>drinking or gambling, and SJ Games wants to do our bit to make the
time
>>pass more quickly.
>>

>>Loren Wiseman
>>	Traveller Senior Line Editor/Traveller Guru-in-Residence
>>	Senior Editor, Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society
>>http://jtas.sjgames.com/
>>	SJ Games
>>	loren@sjgames.com http://www.io.com/~lkw/
>>	(512) 447-7866 VOX
>>	(512) 447-1144 FAX
>
>also
>
>>Anyone with connections to the Australian or Enzed armed forces in
theater is
>>welcome to send me the same info.
>>
>>LKW
>

>Thanks in advance,
>Kevin

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: The Miniatures page - Brigade News Next: Re: Fwd: [TML] British Army Contacts Sought