Prev: Re: Water Cooled Vickers Guns.... Next: RE: Water Cooled Vickers Guns....

RE: Water Cooled Vickers Guns....

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:34:58 +1100
Subject: RE: Water Cooled Vickers Guns....

G'day Tom,

> advantage when fighting a modern enemy
> force. They tend not to attack in human waves

What about waves of aliens like the guys have talked about in the John
Ringo
(?) books?

> For most cases, there is just little modern
> justification...

I was looking sci-fi not modern ;)

> But by en large, this
> is a thing of the past an should be relegated
> into the same bin of fantasy as steam powered
> tanks or gas powered PA. ;)
> (Which is to say, if it floats your boat, do it....
> but don't worry too hard about trying to justify
> it on a reality basis.....)

I'm in between these two extremes, I want some semi-sensible
justifications
(as wooden space ships don't do anything for me, but steam powered tanks
do), but am not a necessarily super hard near sci-fi kinda person.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: Water Cooled Vickers Guns.... Next: RE: Water Cooled Vickers Guns....