Prev: Tonk Webpage Next: Minatures Page polls

RE: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:34:05 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

At 12:07 AM +0000 3/12/03, CS Renegade wrote:
>This is a job for Reason [1].
>
>So I've gone to the trouble and expense of putting
>my troops in powered armour [2] and then I equip
>them with an MG designed three hundred years ago?

Umm, no. You've equipped him with a very modern machine gun that uses
principles from 300 years ago because some systems just continue to
work.

Again, consider the need to 'hose' down advancing hordes of fuzzy
wuzzies, Posleen, Kra'Vak, Islamic Fed or ESU troopies.

Grenades are great, but what if you need low angle, direct fire?

>Regards vehicle radiators, I don't understand all
>this enthusiasm for water. There's something green
>and slimy slopping about in my radiator, and it
>isn't just there to act as antifreeze and rust
>inhibitor.

Sounds like you aren't changing the fluid every year.

>2. Two thousand pounds of armour and psuedo-
>    musulature amplifying the wearer's movements
>    and moderated by negative feedback, just like
>    Uncle Bob promised us? Needs a checklist of
>    three hundred and forty-seven items when
>    drawn from stores? Item 348: add water to MG?

Add water to entire system. It works for maintaining the user (he
drinks water still right?) cooling the user (he still needs a 75
degree F environment right?), cooling the power pack (unless you've
got something better?) and now, cooling the support weapon that the
trooper uses.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Tonk Webpage Next: Minatures Page polls