Prev: RE: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon Next: Re: Rubber buildings used at GZG ECC

Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:16:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

At 5:07 PM -0600 3/10/03, staremu wrote:
>Yes, but with futuristic weapons using futuristic materials, given a
normal
>battle length and the ammount of long-burst firing that any gunner will
be
>throwign out, is it really worth the fuss.  I thought wwater-coolign
was one
>of those things developed for when the primary use of an MG was for
sweeping
>open fields and defense.  Modern SAW tactics don't really call for
extended
>burst fire, do they?  Another thing to consider is that a coolign
system is
>just one more thing to break down.

Consider human wave tactics and the need to kill lots of creatures
before they get to you and mob you down. Like I said in the other
posting, I'll bet the US troops in Korea were wishing for their water
cooled M1919s. Barrel changes were less of an issue with water cooled
Guns.
--
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '43 Humber MkIV (1/2)

Prev: RE: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon Next: Re: Rubber buildings used at GZG ECC