Prev: Re: Model wanted, dead or alive... Next: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:48:02 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

maybe I am wrong, but isn't the advantage of a water (or other fluid)
cooled
weapon that long bursts can be fired without the need to replace the
barrel.
The entire point of a power armoured force is that it can carry pretty
much
everything it needs in its suit. Not having to stop and change the
barrel on
a weapon would be a huge time-saver (wouldn't it?). Maybe for personal
weapons this would be unnecesary, but with a SAW...

Richard

>I tend to fall on the opposition side of this issue.  It seems to me
that
>if
>you are going to have to make choices in wiehgt allocation then why
>allocate
>to water or coolant when a bigger gun, more ammo, a secondary weapon
>system,
>or contermeasures, etc can be taken.  The advantage to water-cooled MGs
>isn't all that great anyhow.
>
>Now, if you are talking about a timeline such as a VSF setting, the
>advantage of a water-cooled MG would make sense as there aren't too
many
>other options.
>
>Eli

MSN Messenger - fast, easy and FREE! http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Prev: Re: Model wanted, dead or alive... Next: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon