Prev: Need help identifying what I ordered a while ago Next: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

RE: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:46:05 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon

G'day,

Dealing with all in one....

Ryan wrote:
> A water cooled (or something liquid) setup in this context could be
> quite unobtrusive.

That's what I was thinking/hoping so as you and Tim think it isn't too
weird
I may have to think about this some more ;)

Mike wrote:
> Why carry water when you could carry more (pick one or more)
ammo/fuel/armor/?.

Well I was thinking more just coolant not necessarily water and
depending on
your take on PA they can
a) carry large loads anyway (after all some people have them carrying
class
1 vehicle weapons)
b) would need their own coolant systems so it might not be much of an
extension

My limited understanding had lead me to believe that the main reasons
not to
use it (as outlined in the earlier) posts were coolant/weight/being
static
emplacement (this may be missing something subtle though so if I am
please
point it out). So if it didn't take a whole heap extra to deal with
these
issues then why not use them if their capabilities are such a handy
thing to
have?

Don wrote:
> Agreed and more importantly a water cooled weapon doesn't pass the
most
> important it "looks cool and modern", military appropriations
test....)

Well I play with WWI tanks and airships as a sci-fi force ;P

Seriously though a "cooled" weapon wouldn't have to look like something
from
the past you can always make something look high tech even if the
principle
is ancient <just hire a good *designer* ;)>...

knight plate armour vs hardsuit...
wooden crossbows they've been using in the congo for thousands of years
vs
modern hunting crossbows...
early gun vs WWI gun vs vietnam era gun vs those things they use on
Stargate... ;)

Though I freely admit I may  be oversimplifying here and if I am please
pull
me up!

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Need help identifying what I ordered a while ago Next: Re: [SG,DS] Power Armour Weapon