Prev: RE: Lists back, I think. Next: RE: Lists back, I think.

More Hammer's Slammers news

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:24:38 -0800
Subject: More Hammer's Slammers news

 From the latest David Drake newsletter. This is exceedingly cool news.

	Another thing planned for the CD [included with the 3rd
Leary/Mundy novel in hardback] is portions of the Hammer's Slammers
miniature wargame book which will (we hope) be coming out later in the
year from Pireme Publications in Britain. As well as the first troop
figurines, I've now received prototypes of a tank with both normal
(one-man) and command turrets, and also a combat car. These are in
resin, made by Old Crow, and will have metal parts (tribarrels and
suchlike) by GZG who's making the figures.
	The day job of the guy running Old Crow is to make miniature
movie sets and architects' models. To say that these are good--even in
the white, completely unfinished--is like saying Robert Heinlein was a
good SF writer. I'm more pleased than I can put in words.
	There'll be some pictures on the CD, probably in rough paint
jobs (the sort of thing a wargamer would provide for his units) and the
text of the game book. The bulk of the illustrations probably won't be
included because they simply won't be finished in time. To make up for
the limited art, John Treadaway (who's doing the book's graphics) may be

able to include lots of background information for which there won't be
room in the printed version.

Prev: RE: Lists back, I think. Next: RE: Lists back, I think.