Prev: [OT] New Bug Design Next: Re: [ADMIN] Lists back, I think.

[SG] Artillery proposal - for a laugh

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:55:55 +1100
Subject: [SG] Artillery proposal - for a laugh

G'day guys,

Seems this was one that got chewed, so here it is again...

Derek seems to have come up with a fun way of doing artillery in not so
serious games....

We'd been playing a game of SG on the weekend, had to leave it
unfinished so
left it set up. To set the scene a Phalon platoon is holding a ridge
above
an NSL village. Beth has her back to the gaming table and is
concentrating
on revising a paper she's got to tidy up for work. All of a sudden there
is
a "DIE Phalon ratbags!!" from Derek as he races in the door past me and
then
there is a very loud bang that just about sends me into orbit. When I
look
around Derek is a still smoking party popper* in his hand and a bunch of
brightly coloured streamers strewn across one of my squads on the ridge.
The
kids soon realised that there were more poppers left in the cupboard and
the
"battery" proceeded to bombard the ridge burying the Phalons in inches
of
streamers. It looked quite spectacular and it was a good way of pointing
out
who got hit and who didn't and as far as the kids were concerned it had
the
smoke and bang to be "authentic" ("everything is to scale Mum!").

So if you're ever trying to liven up (or should that be lighten up) a
game... or you're playing one of those games where you play with tiny
teddies and jelly beans and eat the casualties... or games in the spirit
of
the SG version of the "game that never happened"... you could do worse
than
stock up on party poppers* ;)

Cheers

Beth

*small plastic cylinder with a string pull at one end, that sends
streamers
flying out when you set it off

Prev: [OT] New Bug Design Next: Re: [ADMIN] Lists back, I think.