Prev: totally untested SG 2 idea for comment Next: RE: FMA WW2 Stats?

RE: totally untested SG 2 idea for comment

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:38:22 +1100
Subject: RE: totally untested SG 2 idea for comment

G'day,

> Then a 15 mm figure would be 3.6 (or 3 foot and 7.2 inches) and a 6 mm
> figure would be 1.44 (or 1 foot 5.28 inches) tall.  For completeness I
> will also say a 10 mm figure would be 2.4 (or 2 foot 4.8 inches.)
>
> Yes, I am still looking at 'Mi-i-i-i-c-e In Spa-a-a-a-c-e!"  ideas.

I very much like this idea, but I speak from experience when I say
people
will look at you oddly when you pull your figures out ;)

> Would it reasonable (or not) in your corporate opinions to adjust the
> following for the smaller figures?
>
> Movement (and terrain) effects

Making them faster or slower?

> Cover and Concealment

Making it easier I presume?

> Hidden units

Why would this be different?

> Spotting

Yep harder to spot them, but they should also suffer more too as they
have
to see past/over terrain pieces.

> Personal armor

Yes and no. Depends on how many solutions you think their tech has
solved.

> Heavy Weapons systems

Same as for personal armour. Though I do agree that they may be lighter
simply because they have to be to be picked up by the smaller guys.
Maybe
the equivalent of human heavy is more a vehicle level thing.

> Target Size (how do get smaller than class 1 and should you?)

Make it an open shift.

> Firepower and Impact

Maybe, maybe not. If you mean fire by them then they may still be able
get off as much firepower it will just be at your ankles ;P

As to impact its probably the same issue as for heavy weapons.

> Close Assault

I thought about that one a fair bit and this is what I came up for my
"teddies in space" for close combat

"The Horocca are not as skilled in close combat, due to their small
size.
Being small can be an advantage in the beginning of a fight, but it
often
becomes a disadvantage as the fight progresses. Consequently, if
defending
in CLOSE COMBAT the Horocca Quality Die (QD) is shifted UP1 for the
first
round of combat, but shifted DOWN1 for all subsequent rounds."

Though I'm thinking of modifying this to be UP! only in the first round
if
defending.

> Artillery Fire

Not sure about this one either.

Great idea though (not like I'm biased) ;)

Beth

Prev: totally untested SG 2 idea for comment Next: RE: FMA WW2 Stats?