Prev: Re: [OT] Battletech pod for Mechwarrior:Dark Age Next: Re: [OT] 25mm Paper Buildings Available

Re: Germy's work

From: "Germy" <germ@g...>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:21:12 -0000
Subject: Re: Germy's work

> 1. I'd like to take a moment to say thanks for
> the work. Not for myself, I'm one of these "if it
> isn't resin or plaster...." purists. But for
> everyone it *does* help.

Thank you

> 2. Have you thought about talking to Tony, Jon,
> or David about getting your buildings printed
> up on cardstock and sold (for a cheap price,
> small markup for them) through the normal
> distribution channels for figs etc? It'd get them
> into catalogs.

I have spoken to quite a few people over comercial
production. One of the things I am very concious of is
when you in introduce cost, even at no profit peoples attitudes
change (they get more demanding :)
I will hopefully learn how to use Adobe Illustrator this year
and so may well embark on some more buildings at a higher quality.
When I feel happier with the quality I may look again at ready printed
sheets.

> 3. I saw some of your tanks after Indy had
> painted them. I was ambivalent when I saw
> them in baremetal, but I've changed my mind.
> I'm not a big fan of "bugs" (read: icky alien
> things) but I plan to (when funds allow) get a
> hand on some of your 1/300th bug vehicles as
> they are nice looking when painted. So kudos
> here too.
> Tomb.

I have pictures of the painted ones myself in my Sci-fi gallery.
But I agree completely over initial reactions. I guess they were
unusual enough so to speak to make people cautious.

Thanks again for the comments Tomb.

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: [OT] Battletech pod for Mechwarrior:Dark Age Next: Re: [OT] 25mm Paper Buildings Available