Prev: RE: The Tonk Next: RE: Dropships

Re: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

From: "staremu" <star_emu@h...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 15:45:25 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens

Thanks Beth,

> I like Karl's idea, but another option may be just that they auto spot
> anything within range band 1 or 12" or something. Animals that use
smell
are
> damn good at it ;)

I like this.  It's simple but effective. Is this overkill or is it one
of
those things that comes up so little that it really won't be too great
an
advantage?

> The other option is to effect how hard it is to kill them in the first
> place. SO during fire/damage allocation if
> IMP <= Armour then no damage suppressed only
> IMP > Armour then wounded
> IMP > 3x Armour then killed
> This reflects that they get hurt and recover as easily as humans but
its
> tougher to outright kill them

I like this option.  I don't see the Tonk as the sort of alien that just
keep getting up, just that they are tough and hard to kill.

Thanks again,

Eli

Prev: RE: The Tonk Next: RE: Dropships