Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens Next: Re: [OT] Battletech pod for Mechwarrior:Dark Age

Re: ECC VI After Action Report

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:02:47 -0500
Subject: Re: ECC VI After Action Report

Damond Walker wrote:

> From: "Jon Davis" <davisje@nycap.rr.com>
>
> > The Hotel
> >
> > Usually all my headaches come from my dealing with the hotel each
year.
> > This year was the smoothest year we've ever had with the hotel.  The
room
> > layout required only minor tweaking.  We had plenty of provisions
> > for us with water and trash disposal.   I was very happy with the
hotel
> > this year and there is a benefit to repeating our business there.
>
>     What are the chances of having coffee in the room next year?  Are
we
> talking about a significant cost or has it never been an issue?  I'm
sure
> everyone wouldn't drink it so we might not need 100 gallons of the
stuff but
> a few cups here and there would be nice.  :)
>
> Damond

Good question and one that I'd be happy to answer.  It has been raised
before.

The issue becomes one of significant cost.  We ran the numbers for
coffee
service and we couldn't afford it.  Assume they came in with coffee on
Friday,
Saturday morning, Saturday evening, and Sunday morning.  (Four visits)
A coffee service runs about $2 per person and given the size of our
group,
we'd pay about $60 per service.  With four services, we're up to $240 of
coffee.

Jon

Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Help designing aliens Next: Re: [OT] Battletech pod for Mechwarrior:Dark Age