Prev: Re: GZG ECC VI has ended Next: A Gnome's eye view of ECC-VI (long)

Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:14:48 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:49:36 -0500, "Mike Hillsgrove"
<mikeah@cablespeed.com>
wrote:

>But, I was considering doing 25's just because that's where the figures
>were.	When 15's become a real option, that basically eliminates me as
>25mm customer.  Looking at this from GZG's perspective, is this really
the
>way you want a customer to think?

Note that FMAS will work in 15mm but looks better (and has a scale
matched to)
25mm. There are also a lot of people who don't care for 15mm and will
stick
with 25mm.

The problem with Agents of Gaming was that their large ships were very
expensive and a pain to play with. They were so big that you needed a
big
table or had to handle ships bumping into one another. The fleet scale
just
made more sense for everyone involved. It's not like you had to worry
about
terrain or buildings.

The case for 25mm versus 15mm is different. There are people who simply
will
not play 15mm. They find them too hard to paint, or they find it
difficult to
find pre-made buildings. There are those who don't like 25mm, and many
of
those people are already playing SG2 in 15mm anyway. They want GZG
vehicles
versus what they are doing now.

As mentioned, with a release of FMAS you'll be able to use a small
smattering
of your 25mm figures for 15mm. I suspect, actually, that people will end
up
with a couple of large SG2 forces in 15mm or 25mm and a lot of small
forces
for FMAS almost entirely in 15mm.

Allan Goodall		     http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: GZG ECC VI has ended Next: A Gnome's eye view of ECC-VI (long)