Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!

Old Crow review

From: "Kevin Balentine" <kevinbalentine@m...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:41:02 -0600
Subject: Old Crow review

I mentioned earlier that I ordered some models from Old Crow and here's
my
review of their service and the vehicles.

I ordered them on Monday, Feb. 10, and received them on Thursday, Feb.
20. Ten days is a very good turnaround from England to Texas. Can’t
quite
equal St. Jon’s last delivery, however; but realistically, I don’t
expect
everyone to live up to GZG’s standard.

My order was for two Gladius grav tanks and two Outrider grav scout
vehicles. Pictures of these, and the rest of the Old Crow line, can be
seen
at www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk.

The packaging was excellent. Each vehicle came in a separate ziplock
bag.
Also enclosed in each bag was another, smaller ziplock bag with turrets,
hatch and weapons options. The vehicles are in excellent shape with only
few minor blemishes. On the tanks, there is what looks like a vent on
each
side of the body. The vanes on the vent have some minor damage that
could be from bubbling, but that’s about it.

The tanks have one turret with four weapons options. A large,
traditional-looking gun barrel; a large gatling-style gun barrel; a
secondary
gun barrel; and a secondary missile pack. Fit and finish on each of
these
choices appears to be excellent. They should assemble quite easily. A
nice
extra is a “flying stand” that can be fitted to the bottom that will
allow the
tank to menacingly hover just above the tabletop.

The Outriders come with a turret with two options: A gun barrel or a
missile
pack. They are, on first inspection, identical to the secondary weapons
for
the Gladius. I like that, since it will add a thematic similarity among
the
vehicles. The Outrider doesn’t have a stand, but one would be easy to
cobble together.

All in all, I am incredibly pleased with these models. They will make an

excellent support force for my OUDF. I will be ordering from Old Crow
again;
I just wish they would expand the line a little bit, but I’m sure that
will
happen soon enough.

The four pieces ended up costing me almost $60, including 30 percent
S&H.
It’s a fair price and I think if an American distributor got their
hands on this
line they would probably mark it up so it would end up costing that
anyway.

One last note, I hear Old Crow has added a PayPal option, but I haven’t

seen it mentioned on their website.

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL-COMMERCIAL] More Slammers figs out!