Prev: RE: Fighters that bad? Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Minnesota players?

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: "Mike Hillsgrove" <mikeah@c...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:33:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

> Haven't had that much experience playing with/against sosp bubble
carriers.
> But I understood that  the fighters , by attacking the opposition,
> effectively protect the carriers, so that they rarely are engaged ? If
that
> is a successful tactic and soap bubbles rarely get hit, it would seem
me
> an acceptable tactic even in "real" life.

I'm not joining your navy.  I would assume that the enemy has fighters
as
well, or that space has other dangers that might test the structural
integrity of the ship.	Even an accident with your own fighters, perhaps
damaged fighter trying to land.

The other thing about forcing Hull points on carriers is that it reduces
the
number of fighters that can be carried, which should be a good thing.

I don't think any of my friends would conceive of building a soap
bubble.
The cost is too high in risk for the ex military gamers locally.

Prev: RE: Fighters that bad? Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Minnesota players?