Prev: RE: [SG] Terrain Next: RE: [SG] Terrain

RE: Fighters that bad? Re: Soap bubbles?

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:14:17 -0600
Subject: RE: Fighters that bad? Re: Soap bubbles?

> >Sorry to bust in on this thread but how, exactly, are fighters
broken?  I
> >missed the original "Soap Bubbles" post but I always thought
> fighters were
> >fine the way they were.
>
> Try taking 10 soap bubbles (for example Mass 27, 3 hull, MD2, FTL, 2
> fighter bays, with normal fighters = 135pts each) against 1350pts of
Fleet
> Book ships.  You should be able to vaporize a SDN every turn.

Who cares?

I go back to campaign play as the real balancing factor. Any
construction
system can be abused, so can most campaign rules. But if you must fix
through rules than rather than 'fix' fighters I'd rather see an arms
race
and some new form of anti-fighter tech.

Like... Hmmmm... Anti-Fighter Salvo Missles or something like that. PSB
as
something akin to a submunitions pack.

Or some big Pulse MT missle that does little or no damage vs ships and
only
damages fighters and maybe strikeboats.

David

Prev: RE: [SG] Terrain Next: RE: [SG] Terrain