Prev: Re: Micro Scale Tank turrets Next: Minnesota players?

Re: Fighters that bad? Re: Soap bubbles?

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:58:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighters that bad? Re: Soap bubbles?

>Sorry to bust in on this thread but how, exactly, are fighters broken?
>missed the original "Soap Bubbles" post but I always thought fighters
were
>fine the way they were.

Try taking 10 soap bubbles (for example Mass 27, 3 hull, MD2, FTL, 2
fighter bays, with normal fighters = 135pts each) against 1350pts of
Fleet
Book ships.  You should be able to vaporize a SDN every turn.

>SML/Rs...now there's a problem.  :)

SMR are less of a problem because it's possible to miss entirely, or to
have that lovely barrage of missiles all home on one DD instead of the
BB
that you were aiming for.  Either way, they're a one-shot weapon.
Fighters
get to go on to the next target.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Micro Scale Tank turrets Next: Minnesota players?