Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Micro Scale Tank turrets

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:31:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

Beast said:
>In spite of the fact they're in someways interchangeable, you keep
mentioning 'space', while I'm speaking of 'time'. I'd like to suggest in
such vast spaces, trying to synchronize attacks within the 'refresh
period'
of the PDS suite might just be PBS'able.

Hmm...what Oerjan was replying to was the idea of "limited numbers of
fighters can attack per turn."	It sounds as if what you're thinking of
is
more along the lines of "PDS can shoot at multiple targets per turn."

How about if fighters (and missiles?) come in waves of 1d6 squadrons
each
and PDS engage each wave separately?

For instance, let's say you have 1500 points of soap bubbles for 22
squadrons of fighters.	They pick on a DD with 3PDS.  On average it will
face six waves, so each PDS gets to fire 6 times and will on average
kill,
what, 6*.8 = 4.8 x 3 PDS = 14.4 fighters ?  But if you only brought 3
fighters to the party, they can probably get into one wave and won't get
shot at any more than they would have anyway.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Micro Scale Tank turrets