Prev: Re: Micro Scale Tank turrets Next: Re: Soap bubbles?

Re: [SG] Terrain

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:14:10 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] Terrain

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:40:02 -0800, "Bradley, Jason (US - Minneapolis)"
<jabradley@deloitte.com> wrote:

>I picked up a	technique a while back for games where you can destroy
>buildings.  I am not sure if you can do that in SG but, you base them
with a
>removable base.  On the "inside of the building, on the base itself,
rubble
>has been created so when the building gets destroyed all you do is pull
it
>off the base and instant battle damage!!

This is a really cool, and really old, technique. I remember doing this
in the
*gasp* late 70s based on a book on Napoleonic games I saw by either
Grant or
Featherstone.

Another technique I saw was to create the building in two halves. You
put the
building together for a complete building, but you can swing open one
half to
get into it for figure placement (you can also keep half a building near
the
edge of the table).

A third technique, and one I really like, is to model each storey
separately.
You stack each storey on top of one another. You give each storey a
floor, and
model the rooms. It takes a lot more work, but the results are quite
good. If
you have metal bases you can line the floor with sheet magnet and glue
very
thin paper on it (or not, depending on what you like to see). You then
have a
way of keeping the figures in place as you lift and place a storey.

Bases are usually a really good idea, as they will give your buildings
more
stability.

Allan Goodall		     http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Micro Scale Tank turrets Next: Re: Soap bubbles?