Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter vs PDS & Soapbubbles Next: RE: E-bombs as Anti-PA, anti-electronic

Re: E-bombs as Anti-PA, anti-electronic

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:19:04 EST
Subject: Re: E-bombs as Anti-PA, anti-electronic

Just as an FYI on 'E' bombs and their effects....

Having worked on electronics systems for military aircraft I can tell
you
that EMP shielding is pretty standard on all military equipment. It's
pretty
much built into the frames. All that is required is 'grounding' the EMP
charge to the frame ground and interrupting the wave. I'm not sure how
'powerful' these E-bombs are supposed to be, (media hype had one 2000lb
bomb
sized E-bomb wiping all the electronics in New York out but I'm doubting

that) but realistically, everything WE and the USSR sold Iraq was EMP
shielded. Probably hoping that the shielding hasn't been maintained.

(Hmmm, my spell check kept trying to replace "E-bomb" with "A-bomb"....
makes
you wonder :o)

Randy

Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter vs PDS & Soapbubbles Next: RE: E-bombs as Anti-PA, anti-electronic