Prev: Re: Soap bubbles? Next: Re: Soap bubbles?

RE: Soap bubbles?

From: "Bradley, Jason (US - Minneapolis)" <jabradley@d...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:55:34 -0800
Subject: RE: Soap bubbles?

Thanks for the recap, I must have missed your post a few days ago.

So if I understand you right then it is fighters in large numbers that
begin
to become a problem, sort of a loophole in the rules so to speak because
of
their cost vs. effectiveness in numbers?  Is it possible to keep the
numbers
in check by limiting how many groups can be on a ship at any one time?
It
seems reasonable to me from a fluff/gaming standpoint, if you look at
today's Aircraft carriers, they are limited in the amount of craft they
can
support and carry, money being the biggest reason.  I suppose you
couldn't
limit the idea that a player may have only so many carriers but there
has to
be an inherent weakness in that style of play?	That leads me to the
soap
bubble thing...
Is it absolutely necessary to come up with a rule to limit this sort of
ship
building?  I am not sure if you guys are in the process of rewriting a
new
edition to the rules but I know locally, players who tend to use beardy
tactics like that find they have fewer and fewer people interested in
playing them.  Is it a popular tactic and is there strong opposition to
basically outright boycotting that type of craft?
You will have to excuse me if that last idea sounds a little optimistic
or
naive, I like to think that most gamers can enjoy and play within the
"spirit" of the rules sometimes.

Thanks
Jason