Prev: What scale? Next: RE: Soap bubbles?

Re: E-bombs as Anti-PA, anti-electronic

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:31:51 +0000
Subject: Re: E-bombs as Anti-PA, anti-electronic

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 03:09:42PM -0500, Randall L Joiner wrote:
>Since EMP was figured out, they've been working on ways to deal with it
in electronics.  We have IC chips that are partially and in some cases
fully EMP proof.  They are expensive, but given the supposed cost of PA
to begin with, I'd have to bet they'd figure that was an issue and deal
with it.

For much the same reason that PA's going to be a sealed suit - it's very
embarrassing to have your X million credit suit taken out by a 20 credit
vomit gas grenade...

Roger

Prev: What scale? Next: RE: Soap bubbles?