Prev: Re: SJGames Next: Scale for SG

Re: What scale?

From: Dances With Rocks <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:57:22 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: What scale?

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Tony Francis wrote:

> Bradley, Jason (US - Minneapolis) wrote:
>
> >Is everything GZG offers in all three scales located in their
downloadable
> >catalogue?  In that they have plenty for 25 and 6mm but barely
anything for
> >15mm.
> >
> There are about a couple of dozen packs of 15mm figures but only one
> vehicle - if you want vehicles you'll have to either scratchbuild or
go
> to someone else (or, as most people do, have a bit of both). Each
> infantry pack has four or five poses in it - usually a commander, two
> different heavy weapons troopers and two line troopers (2-3 of each)
in
> an 8-man infantry pack, or 6 identical figures with various weapon
> combos in a PA pack.

Tony is too modest.  ;-)  Brigade Models offers a fairly
sizeable selection of 15mm vehicles. They match up very
well with GZG's infantry packs (I haven't seen the lone
GZG 15mm vehicle yet, so can't comment on that). I also
use a few 15mm vehicles from DLD Productions, and the
odd dozen or two Corgi/Matchbox/HotWheels/JohnnyLightning/
Maisto/whatnot vehicles. Those are relatively inexpensive
(well, except for Johnny Lightning and Corgi; Maisto stuff
is the best of these at ~$2/vehicle), and doesn't take much
to repaint (if you even want to repaint; I've several air
squadrons of Maisto helicopters for my 15mm forces, as well
as a company each of M1A1s and Bradleys, the latter two
which are undergoing repainting [mainly because I don't
like their colour schema and the whole red GIJoe label on
the sides ;-) ] ).

Indy

Prev: Re: SJGames Next: Scale for SG