Prev: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV Next: RE: What scale?

Re: What scale?

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian.johnson@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:53:03 -0500
Subject: Re: What scale?

Hi folks,

I do Stargrunt in 25mm exclusively, partly because I like the figures
better (Jon's 15mm's are very good, but they just don't give me the same
aesthetic pleasure that the 25's do, though the 25's are much more work
paint), and partly because when I got into SG, I already had lots of
25mm+
suitable terrain.  Also, once I started hearing about the 15's, I
already
had too much invested in the 25's... I've got upwards of 10 platoons of
*painted* 25mm SG figs now, not to mention the vast hordes of unpainted
stuff..... :)

If I was starting into the hobby *now*, I would be very tempted to
consider
15mm,  as the figures are indeed quite good, there is a decent selection
of
15mm vehicles from various manufacturers, and both infantry and vehicle
models are significantly less expensive than 25mm.  Oh - and the scale
in
the game matches the figures better than at 25mm, though that is by far
the
least important point for me; I've never had any problem with the figure
scale vs. ground scale abstraction.

As someone else has said, GZG has all three scales available, but the
selection in 25mm is *vast*, and much larger than the other two (for
infantry in particular).

SO, if you want less expense, go for 15mm, if you don't mind the extra
cost
and like the aesthetics, go for 25mm.  (And I'm not a fan at all of
6mm...
while I recognize all the benefits of that scale such as closer
figure-ground scale accuracy, much lower expense, and much faster
painting
time, it just doens't do it for me aesthetically at all.  That's just me
though, and not an attempt to rekindle the great scale debate :)

-Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: [FT] CPV vs. NPV Next: RE: What scale?