Prev: Re: My Life Story, Philosophy of Design, Colonization Patterns, and other trivia, was Re: DS: Walkers Next: Re: My Life Story, Philosophy of Design, Colonization Patterns, and other trivia, was Re: DS: Walkers

RE: Soap bubbles?

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:57:06 -0500
Subject: RE: Soap bubbles?

Chuck said:
>So far from my overly simple analysis, it seems fighters themselves are
underpriced for what they can do. Perhaps with other designs I would see
different. But if a 6 pt fighter group has resonable odds of taking down
50 pt vessel even with dedicated anti fighter weapons, it seems to me
that
something's amiss there.
>Glady awaiting someone to point out my erroneous thinking.

Well, fighters don't cost 6 points.  Roger posted this soapbubble:

>			  Item	Mass  NPV
>	   Spaceframe: mass 12	  12   12
>	    Fragile hull 1 box	   1	2
>		     FTL Drive	   1	2
>		  Main Drive 2	   1	2
>		   Fighter Bay	   9   27
>			 Total	  12   45

So that's 45 points to bring a fighter bay to the table--and you'll need
actually buy the fighters too.	So you're at total 63 points or more,
depending on what fighters you buy--does that look better when compared
your 50 point escort?

http://mail2web.com/ .