Prev: Re: [GZG-OLC] February Update, now [OT] and about odd name coincidences... Next: Re: [OT] ROE for dummies

Re: [GZG-OLC] February Update, now [OT] and about odd name coincidences...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:36:51 PST
Subject: Re: [GZG-OLC] February Update, now [OT] and about odd name coincidences...

The line from Lilo and Stitch (and I parahrase since my nine year old
daughter is asleep - it's 0526 and I have to eat breakfast) -

(Referring to Ohana (family) Stitch points to Lilo and her big sister
(Noni??) which is the only family either apparently has and says
something to the effect of  "This is my family.  I found them all by
myself.  Small.  And broken.  But Good.  Very Good."  again a
paraphrase,
not a quote.

Family, very good.  Even better than nation or tribe.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:40:31 -0500 Adrian Johnson
<adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca> writes:
>>>(I and my SO have *almost* the same family name - mine is "Ohlson",
>hers is
>>>"Olsson" - so we're always bickering about which of us it is who
>spells it
>>>incorrectly... so of course I can't admit to being called "Ohlsson"!
><G>)
>
>>You think that's bad? My fiancee's first name is Alana. So, after
>we're
>>married, we're going to be Allan and Alana Goodall. You think this
>might
>cause
>>some confusion with mail...? *grin*
>
>Heh. :)
>
>When I was in my last year of high school, I ended up dating the
>*other*
>person in our year with my name:  Adrian and Adrienne.  We joked that
>if we
>got married, it would *literally* be Mr. and Mrs. Adrian Johnson...
>
><ring ring>
>"Hi, is Adrian there please"
>"Uh, which one?"
>
>Even worse... last year I discovered that I have a sister that I
>didn't
>know about (yeah, there's a story involved, but I won't bore everyone
>with
>the sordid details...	Suffice it to say one of my parents had a wee
>bit of
>an "indescretion" back in the stoning-offense days of the late '50's).
> Her
>name is Kathy.  My "full-blooded" sister's name is... Kathy.  The
>"new"
>sister Kathy (the older one) married a guy named... Adrian.  She has
>two
>kids, named Katie and Tim.  My cousin in England had two kids,
>named...
>Katie and Tim.  My sister Kathy (the younger) trains and rides horses.
> My
>sister Kathy (the older)... rides horses.
>
>And so on.
>
>("Duh, this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother
>Darryl...")
>
>It's weird, but good weird, if you know what I mean.
>
>-Adrian

>Adrian Johnson
>adrian@stargrunt.ca
>http://www.stargrunt.ca

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: [GZG-OLC] February Update, now [OT] and about odd name coincidences... Next: Re: [OT] ROE for dummies