Prev: Re: Bye Now Next: [OT] Gaming rooms

Re: Bye Now

From: Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:59:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Bye Now

Allow me to add an "amen" to all Randall has said,
along with one more quote, my favorite for such
discussions:

"We sleep peacably in our beds at night simply because
rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who
would do us harm."
- George Orwell

--- Randall L Joiner <rljoiner@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Thank you.  I don't beleive those words are said
> often enough.
>
> Along with my best wishes for safety and a speedy
> return, I'd like to
> send a few quotes that might help you in the time to
> come...
>
>     A piece of freedom is no longer enough for human
>     beings…unlike bread, a slice of liberty does not
> finish hunger.
>     Freedom is like life.  It cannot be had in
> installments.  Freedom is
>
>     indivisible - we have it all, or we are not
> free.
>	  --Martin Luther King, Jr.
>
> "The object of war is not to die for your country
> but to make the other
> bastard die for his."
>	  -- George S. Patton, General
>
> Then should some cloud pass over
>   The brow of sire or lover,
>     Think 'tis the shade
>	By Victory made
>	  Whose wings right o'er us hover!
>	- Thomas Moore, Battle Song

=====
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Bye Now Next: [OT] Gaming rooms