Prev: OT: camros Next: Re: [FT] Operational game

Re: OT: camros

From: Symon Cook <Symon@e...>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:36:42 +0000
Subject: Re: OT: camros

In article <OFDF711DAD.DA0A049A-ON80256CC8.00688993@steria.co.uk>, Mike
Elliott <Mike.Elliott@steria.co.uk> writes

>Symon Cook wrote:
>>Symon Cook (founder member of Camros)(The Campaign for Real Operating
>Systems).
>

>?..... Oh, you're a Linux fan, right?

Yes, but there is more to it than that. I've other operating systems
that I class as real. The Mac O/S's, TOPS20, the flavours of BSD, the
Pick family and others. I believe O/S2 qualifies though I've never
managed to get hold of a copy. Even Xenix qualifies, so it isn't just
non-Micro$oft!

One of the fundamental things to qualify as a real O/S is the ability to
back itself up without fear or doubt, producing restore media that can
return the system to the exact point of the restore without further
intervention. Install media should only be required for licence
verification if that.

>Mike

I love corporate boilerplate sigs. So I'll poke some fun at Steria and
its ludicrous corporate chest-thumping, not Mike.

>This email has originated from Steria Ltd (formerly Integris Ltd),
>Registration No: 2706218.
>
>Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained
in
>this email, and is only for the use of the intended addressee. To copy,
>forward, disclose or otherwise use it in any way if you are not the
>intended recipient or responsible for delivering to him/her is
prohibited.

Bad news Steria Ltd. Once your server says RCPT TO: is ceases to be your
property, unless you have an arrangement to store your property on my
server. Now you are still protected by copyright but as for the rest,
pure BS.

>If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender
immediately,
>by using the reply facility in your email software.

I have to pay for Steria's mistakes I see? Unenforceable.

>We may monitor the content of emails sent and received via our network
for
>the purposes of ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
>
>This message is subject to and does not create or vary any contractual
>relationships between Steria Ltd and the recipient.

So Steria does know this is unenforceable nonsense. Steria doesn't have
a contract with me and is seeking to create one, despite the rest of the
sig claiming such. SPLORF! Why doesn't it get rid of it all and use an
RFC compliant sig then? (Six lines max).
Cheers
--
Symon Cook (founder member of Camros)(The Campaign for Real Operating
Systems).
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think
that's all
that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Prev: OT: camros Next: Re: [FT] Operational game