Prev: Re: Walkers Next: orbital bombardment

Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:24:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

--- "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> There was an excellent article of this in the JTAS
> (Journal of the Travelers
> Aid Society).  I don't remember the issue.  In it
> listed the possiblity of
> having a combined particle beam capable of both
> charged and neutral.	End
> result is the best of both worlds...

JTAS 20, p40.  Spinal Mounts Revisited

Goes over CPAWS dispersing in space.

On the subject of NPAWs, it suggests that shooting
high-speed neutrons at a target carrying fissile
materials would probably cause catastrophic failure.

Doesn't say anything about switchables.  Might be in
25-36, which aren't out as reprints yet.  :)

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Walkers Next: orbital bombardment