Prev: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment... Next: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...

Re: DS: Walkers

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:50:01 -0500
Subject: Re: DS: Walkers

At 05:10 PM 2/6/03 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm also tempted to remove the +1 signature rules from
>NHW's, since they don't have to stand quite as upright
>as BPW's.  Sure, there are fictional examples, such as
>AT-AT's and Battletech Behemoths, but they're just
>silly looking compared to, say, Btech Scorpions and
>Tarantulas.  You could keep the signature limitation
>in place and use stealth to simulate low-slung
>designs, but I have been converted to the church of
>stealth is Overpriced.  If stealth were fixed, that
>would be the perfect solution.

Last few DSII games I've run, I've chucked the point system, carrying
capacity, and hull restrictions out the window.  It's worked well; I've
had
to guesstimate game balance, but the last scenario worked out so very
closely as to pretty much validate my lack of concern.

This allows me to, say, make Mechs as effective as I'd like them to be
for
a given scenario...which may be more or less effective than DSII
standard,
according to my current whim.

If you're the one doing all the design work, as I am at the moment, this
obviously isn't a problem.  If you're designing your troops while your
opponenet is designing his own...well, if you're both reasonable folks,
and
willing/able to discuss things before gaming, I wouldn't imagine there'd
be
much of a problem.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment... Next: Re: FT: Thought on Orbital Bombardment...